April 22 is Earth Day, which means it is the perfect day to learn about taking care of our planet. When shopping on a budget, being eco-friendly is often the last priority. But living sustainably does not always mean breaking the bank, as there are plenty of small changes you can make to your lifestyle that will still have a large impact. Below are some ways you can help the environment and live affordably!
- Buy clothing second-hand
- Use what you have before buying new
- Try samples before splurging on full-sized beauty products
- Turn off/unplug technology when you are not using it
- Use cooler water for showers and washing clothes
- DIY around the house
- Opt for plant-based food over meat and dairy
- Buy frozen fruit instead of fresh produce
- Grow your own food from scraps/seeds
- Explore the eco-friendly products at your local chain stores
- Stop buying, start upcycling
- Use half the product you usually do
Even if you only adopt one of these suggestions, you are helping save the planet one step at a time. To read more about these tips, visit this blog post from Brightly. Happy Earth Day!