Now that spring has officially sprung, there is no better time to host a picnic! Picnics are the perfect way to spend the day outside with family and friends. Whether you take a trip to the local park or set up right in your backyard, these essentials will ensure that your picnicking goes perfectly!
- Do not forget a cooler – While a picnic basket is always a good idea, a cooler can help keep drinks or perishable foods cool in the heat. Make sure to pack plenty of ice or ice packs in the cooler to keep everything cold!
- The perfect spot – It is very easy to overheat at a picnic, so finding a spot in the shade is crucial. That way, you (and your food) can stay cool!
- Bring a tablecloth or picnic blanket – You can never go wrong with bringing a blanket, even if there are picnic tables around. It is always better to be prepared!
- Keep it simple – No need to make it fancy! Simple means less stress, so you can just relax and enjoy!
- Dinnerware – Consider using reusable containers to save money. But if you are expecting a lot of people, disposable might be easier. It is up to your preference!
- Make a checklist – This will ensure that you do not forget anything the day of the picnic.
- Games – Bringing some entertainment is always a good idea!
- Pack a trash bag – This will make cleaning up super quick and painless.
Check out this blog post from Tidy Mom to read more about these tips and see some fun picnic recipes! Happy picnicking!