It is officially the holiday season, which means there is no better time to celebrate the sweetness in our lives. However, it can be difficult to experience the deliciousness of the holidays and still follow a healthy lifestyle. Luckily, this mini snowball recipe solves that issue! It is the perfect treat for the whole family and only requires a few simple ingredients. See below for the recipe from Food Network, which you can also find linked here.
Warning: This recipe contains nuts (in case of food allergies)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 1/2 ounces pitted dried dates (about 14)
- 15 small raw almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Spread the coconut on a plate. Put the dates, almonds, cinnamon and salt in a food processor or blender and process until finely chopped.
- Form rounded 1/2 teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls with your fingers, then roll in the coconut, pressing to coat.
And just like that, your healthy and delicious treat is ready! Happy holidays and enjoy your new favorite dessert!