Earth Day is April 22, and it is a day to celebrate, learn about environmental issues and appreciate Earth’s beauty. Good Good Good has compiled a long list of ideas for how you can celebrate this year. Here are 10 ideas for you to try:
- Do a trash clean up in your local neighborhood, park or beach.
- Plant a tree.
- Try to buy and waste less.
- Go car-free for the day.
- Visit a nearby farmers market to support your local agricultural economy.
- Plant grasses and plants that are native pollinators.
- Visit a park.
- Watch documentaries about the Earth.
- Check out a book from your local library that is about protecting the planet.
- Subscribe to a sustainability newsletter.
Even the smallest action can have the biggest impact, and it is important to teach your kids about the importance of taking care of our planet. Encourage them to learn more about Earth Day and try a few of these ideas as a family.