Believe it or not, cauliflower can actually serve as a delicious and healthy substitute for rice in just about any meal. This low-carb recipe, complete with olive oil and browned onions, is an easy and versatile dish that will have the whole family begging for seconds. See below for the recipe!
- 1 large head cauliflower, separated into 1-inch florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Trim the cauliflower florets, cutting away as much stem as possible. In three batches, break up the florets into a food processor or blender and pulse until the mixture resembles rice.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. At the first wisp of smoke from the oil, add the onions, and stir to coat. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the onions are golden brown at the edges and have softened, about 8 minutes. Add the cauliflower and stir to combine. Add 1 teaspoon salt, and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower has softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon the cauliflower into a large serving bowl, garnish with the parsley, sprinkle with the lemon juice and season to taste with salt. Serve warm.
To see this recipe and explore countless others, check out the Food Network here. Enjoy!